This series of petitions of St. John Chrysostom can be found with slightly varying wording, but the essentials remain the same. It can be prayed in entirety, or one petition per hour of the day / evening (which, of course would be an excellent way to help one adhere to St. Paul’s admonition to “pray without ceasing” [1 Thessalonians 5:17]).
1. O Lord, deprive me not of Thy heavenly blessings.
2. O Lord, deliver me from eternal torments.
3. O Lord, if I have sinned by mind, thought, word, or deed, forgive me.
4. O Lord, deliver me from every type of ignorance, apathy, and faint-heartedness.
5. O Lord, deliver me from every temptation.
6. O Lord, enlighten my heart darkened by sinful desires.
7. O Lord, I, a human being, have sinned; Thou art a gracious God, and Thou knowest the weakness of my soul; have mercy on me.
8. O Lord, send down Thy grace to help me, that I may glorify Thy holy Name.
9. O Lord Jesus Christ, inscribe me in the Book of Life, and grant me a blessed end.
10. O Lord my God, even though I have done nothing good in Thy sight, grant me, according to Thy grace, that I may lay down a worthy beginning.
11. O Lord, sprinkle in my heart the dew of Thy grace.
12. O Lord of heaven and earth, remember me, Thy sinful servant, cold of heart and impure, in Thy Kingdom.
13. O Lord, receive me in repentance.
14. O Lord, do not forsake me.
15. O Lord, save me from misfortune.
16. O Lord, grant me pure thoughts.
17. O Lord, grant me tears of repentance and remembrance of death.
18. O Lord, grant me the thought to confess my sins.
19. O Lord, grant me humility, charity, and obedience.
20. O Lord, grant me tolerance, generosity, and meekness.
21. O Lord, implant in my heart the root of all blessings: the fear of Thee.
22. O Lord, enable me to love Thee with all my heart and soul, and to obey Your will in all things.
23. O Lord, shield me from evil persons, demons and passions, and from every other evil.
24. O Lord, Who knowest Thy creation and that which Thou hast willed for it; may Thy will also be fulfilled in me, a sinner, for Thou art blessed forevermore. Amen.